484 Main St
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around South Okanagan Area
5 bedroom home with over 2200 sq ft of living space on a large lot, walking distance to Columbia school! 2nd kitchen in basement with separate entrance would make a perfect mother-in-law suite. Main floor has 3 large bedrooms and a bonus sun room and needs some tlc. Single attached garage and large fenced backyard with covered patio complete this package! Call LR today for your private viewing. All measuremen...
Renovated 5 bed, 4 bath home family home in a quiet cul de sac, walking distance to Columbia elementary school. The main level is open and bright with hardwood flooring throughout living and dining room, and sliding glass doors leading out to your deck. Large updated kitchen is perfect for entertaining, featuring newer appliances including gas stove and built in wine fridge, plenty of cupboard space and large...
Affordable three bedroom one bathroom family townhome. Nice corner unit in a family complex, ideal for first time buyers, families or investors. Parkway Elementary school is a few minutes away, close to Cherry Lane Mall and City Transit. Updated bathroom, private yard and convenient storage for out of season items. Convenient laundry on main, one small pet allowed, no restrictions on age or rentals. Please ca...
Pride of ownership shows in this well maintained 4 bedroom home in Cascade Gardens. First time offered for resale, these owners have lived in the home for 26 years and have never smoked or had pets. Recent updates include new roof in 2017, main bath in 2016, and high efficiency furnace in 2018. The main level is bright and open concept with beautiful 3/4 inch oak flooring. Upstairs has 3 bedrooms all on one f...
One level townhome, within walking to shopping, library, and activities. Well maintained with many updates. Carport plus open parking, patio area. Good sized separate laundry room also gives convenient storage area. New poly in dry crawl space . New hickory flooring in living room, light switches, fixtures, paint window coverings. Master features ensuite and good sized closets. Skylight provides extra natural...
This very comfortably cute 2 bedroom home is located in a great neighbourhood and sits on a 60 by 130 lot. There's plenty of room to expand the home or possibly make a carriage house out of the separate 24 by 25 garage with 10' ceilings and back alley access. The large lot is enhanced by the many privacy trees and you can enjoy the Sunny Okanagan evenings on the covered deck. This property is ideal for the ca...
Enjoy Okanagan living at it's finest in your luxury town home just minutes to Okanagan Lake! Walk to the beach, downtown restaurants, farmer's market, casino, recreation, events centre and all amenities! This 3-storey home features a custom kitchen with quartz countertops, breakfast bar, dropped lighting and stainless steel appliances, triple-E windows and ICF basement. Master bedroom features built in cabine...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015